inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series, Book One: Air - Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Dave Marshall It’s no secret that I love Avatar: The Last Airbender, so naturally I’m in love with The Legend of Korra as well. I couldn’t say no to the art book when I saw it because Korra turned out to be just as beautiful as Avatar.The book is set up according to the season’s timeline, so with each new major development a new section of art starts. If anyone is familiar with the art book for Avatar then you should find this one similar in set up and feel. It has a ton of new artwork that we as fans have never seen before, from beautiful scenery designs to character development sketches. Aside from those there are also pro-bending concepts, propaganda poster art, and a great section for ancillary art. I have a soft-spot for the landscape designs which are so detailed that it seems like it could be a real place.There are also tid-bits of information on each page related to the process, characters or inspirations that are a real treat to read. Plus if you haven’t read the graphic novels (The Promise) you can get some background info on a few things that happened between the two shows, and it’s not spoiler-y so you can still pick up the novels later without feeling like you know everything. I do wish there were more about some characters however since it’s only the first season’s art book I’m positive we’ll get to learn and see even more in the next one!I think that this is one of those must-haves for Avatar/Korra fans, and I know I’ll buy an actual copy just so I can revisit some of my favorite moments for the show.