inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

The Lightning Thief  - Rick Riordan The book is relatively short and easy to read but don't let that turn you off, the plot is one of sheer originality. Rick integrates Greek Mythology into the real and modern world in a seamless fashion that ensures that all makes sense without loopholes. The writing style is quick and flowing, so while it pulls you in it's also liable to make you keep reading till it's finished. The main characters are kind of the stereotypical trio two boys and one girl scenario where one boy is the leader, one is the goofball and the girl is the brains. It works but that aspect isn't totally original. As I said before the plot moves rather quickly after the first few chapters of explanation so there isn't really time for someone to become bored of it. The overall plot is entertaining and at part even humorous.I gave this book 4out of 5. At first I thought I wasn't going to like it because of the way it started out and I was a little skeptical to start it because I thought that in some way it would a Harry Potter knock off but I am happy to say I was wrong on both accounts. After the first chapter I was trapped and there was no way I was going to put it down till I finished. I love the originality of having the Greek deities and their many offspring in the modern world. It's like having more then one Hercules. Overall I think that if someone likes fiction like Harry Potter then there is a good chance that they will enjoy this book as well. I do plan on getting the second one when I get the chance.