inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

Pegasus - Robin McKinley Despite the slow beginning and the subtle-ness of the plot this turned out to be a wonderful read. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to finish this 1) because the beginning was very slow and didn't truly draw me in despite the interesting aspects and 2) a lot of the reviews were on the "this is horrible" side. But as I slowly moved forward I realized that I was actually gripped by the story. I love the idea of Pegasus and humans bonding and really enjoyed the bond that Sylvi and Ebon shared. I also enjoyed the differences in how they live and think, and how they perceive the opposite race. You can tell that a lot of thought went into this book, it's evident in the language and the cultures. The book is beautiful. Now to get to the things I didn't like. Toward the beginning the sentence structure really really bothered me, there seemed to be a lot of sentence fragments. I suppose I got use to it overtime or they were no longer there but it certainly didn't help me trying to get into the book. I also really do not like how it end, when I say there is a cliff-hanger I mean it like a tv-show going to commercial during a pivotal point and never coming back on. It wasn't typical in the sense where it concludes in someway but leads you to the next, this one simply abandons you. If a sequel never comes I'll end up really bitter towards this book. I don't know how I feel about how the plot unfolded, you get a sense of what may unfold but you aren't quite sure which way the plot is truly going before you finally resign yourself to believing it's just about a girl and her friendship with a Pegasus...and then boom actual plot. Overall I enjoyed it, it's not as terrible as others make it but it is a tough one to endure in the beginning. I don't think I'd tell anyone to buy it but I'd say borrow it and give it a shot.