inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

The Return: Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries) - L. J. Smith The story picks up where the last one leaves, however if it's been awhile since you've read these books then you may need to recap otherwise it may take you a bit to get caught up. The first thing you will notice is the sheer size of the book, and personally I feel as if this could have been either trimmed down or split into two books. It's huge for a young adult novel and with a plot like this it's easy for someone like me to get distracted or tired of it quickly. The characters are the same as before so there is no change there, and the writing style is pretty close to the same. There are small differences that made it disappointing to me though. There is a lot of focus on the sexual aspect of teens' lives, which yes happens but I do get tired of reading about such things. The plot attempts to be fast pace all while loading you down with info, thoughts, and actions that are occurring so to say the least most of the time I was extremely confused and had to reread some of it. Overall I was fighting between giving this a 1.5 and a 2, it wasn't an enjoyable experience for me at all.