inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) - Brandon Mull This is a series that has caught my attention many times in the bookstore but I simply never had enough money to get it or I forgot it about once I found my my intended purchases. I'm kind of sorry I hadn't picked it up one of those times instead.I really enjoy well thought out and researched Fae stories and this is definitely one of them. There are a large varsity of Fae involved, both "good and bad", and Fablehaven is a wonderfully imagined place where they are all kept. I love the idea of sanctuaries for the Fae instead of having them all running around in environments that are suitable for them. I really liked Lena, she had a unique story about her; I also enjoyed Kendra who was the better of the two siblings. However there are a few things I didn't like. For instance I hated Seth, and I'm so glad I don't have a little brother like that. It would drive me nuts and I'd never want to be around him, ever. He was important to storyline and I get why he did things but that doesn't make me like him more. I found him annoying, stupid and boneheaded. I wish the part involving the demon was a little longer, it kind of went by too fast and was a little bit anticlimactic for me. I do look forever to reading the second one as soon as I get the chance. This was a wonderful book and I'd definitely recommend this to those who enjoy Fae related fantasy books. I honestly believe that even adults would enjoy this some.