inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 1 - Gene Luen Yang, Bryan Konietzko, Michael Dante DiMartino, Gurihiru Allow me a moment to squeal with excitement! I adore the tv show, I mean I can literally watch the same episodes over and over with no problem. I did a review of the other wonderful Avatar graphic novel which was a collection of short stories from the in between the episodes. But this! This is a continuation and I practically devoured it.It picks up right where the show leaves you, and even gives you the fabulous intro into it. If you’ve seen the show you know the little cliff hangers that have probably nagged at you, well…it seems we may finally get all the answers we’ve asked for. This is only the first part of The Promise series but like it’s name it promises quite a bit and I’m sooo looking forward to the rest after reading this. You get to see how Zuko acts as Fire Lord, and how the relationship between Aang and Katara has progressed…even what Toph has been up to. It’s really great to see the characters again and so far I’m loving what they’ve done. It has a conflict of course and it’s one that is very well thought out and one I didn’t foresee, trust me like a good deal of the issues in the show this dives right into the grey area that makes you really think.I do wish it were longer though. I read really fast so this was over for me in about 30 minutes…so I’ll probably read it again a few more times before my copy expires. I’m worried about how much they are going to be able to fit into this little series since there is a great amount of time between Airbender and Korra. Needless to say I’m hoping the next one is longer.Overall this was a true delight to read and if you are an Avatar fan then you should definitely pick this up when it comes out. It’s almost a must for the hard-core fans.I received this from Dark Horse and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.