inlibrisveritas

In Libris Veritas

Sia by Josh Grayson

Sia - Josh Grayson

Source: Received from Josh Grayson in exchange for an honest review. Recieved no compensation.
Publisher: Josh Grayson
Series: -
Edition: eBook,
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Purchase: *
*I receive a small monetary kickback from Amazon purchases
Rating: 4/5

Sia is one of those rare books that make you want to get out and attempt to make a difference in the community. It’s a heartfelt and encouraging story that definitely has it’s core set in the right place.

Sia wakes up on a park bench completely lost and with no memory of who she is, and as result spends week on the streets. When she finally returns home she sees that her life is incredibly far away from what she experienced while homeless. She also realizes that everyone see her as someone completely different and she desperately wants to turn her life around. However Sia isn’t the only one who grows and changes through the course of the novel and I loved that more than one person was affected by her amnesia and her want to improve the lives of others. Her family starts off broken and nearly collapsed, and her friends want nothing to do with the ‘new’ Sia. Everyone grows and by the end of the book has reached their own levels of improvement. There were a few moments of convenience but they didn’t hinder my enjoyment of the novel.

Kyle is a kind-hearted guy who volunteers at the local soup kitchen and has witnessed Sia when she was in her prime, and he wants nothing to do with her. The relationship that they cultivate over the course of the book is really sweet  and I liked that despite some moments of tension they worked better as a team.

Grayson has given us an extremely charming and heartfelt story about about self discovery, selflessness, and friendship. Sia’s tale shows that second chances are possible and no one is beyond redemption.